U.S. Soccer Teams Up with Ultimatebid.com
CHICAGO (Friday, April 14, 2000) - The U.S. Soccer Federation and UltimateBid.com have joined forces to allow fans to bid on the ultimate soccer weekend with the U.S. Women's National Team when they compete in the annual Nike U.S. Women's Cup on May 5 and 7 in Portland, Ore. The auction w
April 14, 2000
The UlitmateBid.com website will run the auction through April 25, with the bidding. The final bid must be received by 10 p.m. ET on April 25.
The winner's weekend begins with two invitations to the U.S. training session on May 4, and is then followed with VIP tickets to the tournaments doubleheader action on May 5 at Portland's Civic Stadium, where the U.S. will battle Mexico and South Korea will face Canada. The VIP tickets will also come with All Access passes, allowing the winners to enter the field area, press box, broadcast booth and production truck.
Following similar all access treatment at the tournament's championship match and third-place games on Sunday, May 7, the winners exhilarating weekend will continue with invitations to the U.S. Soccer Federation's post-game hospitality reception following the action on the field.
Proceeds from the auction will go to benefit the U.S. Soccer Foundation, established in 1993 to enhance, assist and grow the sport of soccer, which has been funding soccer programs across the country for the better part of a decade. U.S. Soccer is also planning a similar auction experience for a weekend with the U.S. Men's National Team in the near future.
The UltimateBid.com is the marketplace for extraordinary experiences in the world of sports, entertainment, travel and adventure. A privately-held company that is headquartered in Redwood Shores, Calif., they have created a revolutionary new marketplace for experiences, where passionate sports fans, entertainment seekers and travel aficionados can bid on extraordinary experiences that until now, were unattainable. For more information on the bidding process log on to www.ultimatebid.com or call 800/ULTIMATE.
U.S. SOCCER'S ULTIMATE SOCCER WEEKEND
- Access to U.S. training session on May 4
- 2 VIP tickets to attend Nike U.S. Women's Cup on May 5 and May 7
- 2 All-Access Credentials to any area of Civic Stadium
- 2 Invitations to U.S. Soccer's post-game reception on May 7
- Tour of the Nike Campus with a member of the U.S. team
- $200 gift certificate to shop at the Nike Employee Store
- Variety of authentic U.S. Soccer apparel for two (including jerseys, fleece pull-overs, T-shirts, jackets & caps)
- One Autographed U.S. Soccer ball
- One Autographed U.S. Soccer jersey
- The package does not include airfare and hotel accommodations