Follow the U.S. Men Through the World Cup on ussoccer.com's 'Studio 90' Daily Web Show
The U.S. Men’s National Team is just one week away from kicking off the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany and ussoccer.com is providing you with the most in-depth coverage of the team’s preparations with its ground-breaking Studio 90 daily web show.
June 5, 2006
U.S.-Czech Republic Kicks Off at 11:55 a.m. ET Next Monday, Live on ESPN2 and Univision
HAMBURG, Germany (June 5, 2006) — The U.S. Men’s National Team is just one week away from kicking off the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany and ussoccer.com is providing you with the most in-depth coverage of the team’s preparations with its ground-breaking Studio 90 daily web show. The U.S. kicks off against the Czech Republic in Gelsenkirchen on Monday, June 12 at 11:55 a.m. ET, live on ESPN2 and Univision.
Studio 90, an informative news and interview show, kicked off on June 2 when the team arrived in Germany. It has been providing daily features and player interviews that dissect the team and its personalities as they make their way through the World Cup. Through out the first few days, Studio 90 has allowed fans a behind-the-scenes look at the team’s trip to Germany, highlights from training, daily press conferences and in-studio interviews with Jimmy Conrad, Steve Cherundolo and Oguchi Onyewu.
A new episode of Studio 90 will be available every day during the U.S. Men’s journey through the 2006 FIFA World Cup. Look for each day’s episode on ussoccer.com in the early evening (ET).
Along with Studio 90, ussoccer.com is supplying fans with a variety of other content to keep them well informed of the team’s movements in Germany, all of which can be accessed from the Studio 90 Information Center. Daily player podcasts, pictures from training, Center Circle features and a 24-hour running blog written by those encamped with the team called, “Bits, Laughs, Outtakes…Germany,” give fans the feeling they are right there in Hamburg.
Check out the features in the Studio 90 Information Center below:
• First three Studio 90 shows, including footage of the team’s trip to Germany, highlights from training and interviews with Jimmy Conrad, Steve Cherundolo and Oguchi Onyewu
• Podcasts of the team’s daily media sessions, including quotes from Manager Bruce Arena and players Clint Dempsey, Claudio Reyna, Bobby Covey, Eddie Johnson, Kasey Keller and many more
• Pictures from the team’s first three days of training at Hamburg SV
• A funny and insightful BLOG that provides the inside view of the team’s activities here in Germany
• Daily Center Circle features, including Armchair Midfielder, 50/50 Ball, DJ for a Day and much, much more
The U.S. will travel to Gelsenkirchen on June 10 in preparation for their opening match of Group E against the Czech Republic two days later. The U.S. will face Italy in Kaiserslautern on June 17, live on ABC and Univision at 2:30 p.m. ET, before meeting Ghana on June 22 in Nuremberg at 9:55 a.m., live on ESPN and Univision.