Information For Fans Attending The U.S. Men's National Team Match Versus Brazil on Aug. 10
On Tuesday, Aug. 10, a near-sellout crowd will converge onto the New Meadowlands Stadium to attend an international soccer match featuring the United States Men’s National Team against Brazil and kicking off at 8 p.m. ET.
Aug. 5, 2010
© Howard C. Smith/isiphotos.com
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (Aug. 5, 2010) – On Tuesday, Aug. 10, a near-sellout crowd will converge onto the New Meadowlands Stadium to attend an international soccer match featuring the United States Men’s National Team against Brazil and kicking off at 8 p.m. ET.
The New Meadowlands Stadium would like to encourage anyone going to the stadium to do the following:
- DO plan to arrive early. Parking lots open at 3 p.m. and the gates open at 6:30 p.m.
- DO pay attention to the message boards en route to the stadium.
- DO plan to carpool. Fewer cars on the road in will make everyone’s journey faster, especially as parking lots fill up.
- DO NOT rely on GPS devices as routes may be adjusted and diverted to accommodate traffic congestion.
- DO take public transportation. NJ Transit train service will run to and from the stadium from 4 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Guests MAY NOT carry in the following items:
- Bottles, cans, hard-sided coolers, thermoses or ice chests
- Alcohol of any kind
- Weapons or anything that can be used as a projectile or is deemed dangerous
- Frisbees, beach balls, laser pointers, strollers or umbrellas
- Any animal with the exception of a service animal
- Any other item deemed inappropriate at the discretion of management
- Noisemakers – including whistles, vuvuzelas, plastic horns or air horns of any size
- Fireworks, flares or smoke bombs
Guests MAY carry in the following items:
- Instruments that are 12" x 12" x 12" or less in size.
- Closed drums are permitted only if security is able to look inside the drum
- Banners, signs or flags provided they are not of a commercial nature and do not contain any offensive material.
- Banners, signs and flags must not cover any U.S. Soccer banners or stadium boards. The stadium reserves the right to prohibit banners.
- Food contained in a clear plastic bag.
- Bags or purses that are 12" x 12" x 12" or less in size. All bags will be subject to search.
- Factory-sealed, plastic bottles of water that are 20 oz. or less in size (caps will be removed by Safety Services staff).
- Jackets or blankets after being patted down or searched.
Getting to the Stadium
As a result of continuing improvements to the Meadowlands Sports Complex and surrounding roadways, traffic patterns and access to certain lots will be affected during this match. Please allow extra time for travel and parking.
Heavy traffic and congestion can be expected along the New Jersey Turnpike and Route 3. The heaviest traffic can be expected between 5-8 p.m. and at 10-11 p.m. following the match.
Guests are encouraged to use public transportation provided by the New Jersey Transit via bus or train which link through the Secaucus Junction. Please visit www.njtransit.com for stations and schedules using “Meadowlands Sports Complex” as the final destination.
For guests traveling on I-95, follow the western spur to exit 16W (Sports Complex).
For guests traveling south on the Garden State Parkway, exit Route 17 (exit 163) to Paterson Plank Road.
For guests traveling north on the Garden State Parkways, exit Route 3 (exit 153A) to the Sports Complex.
For guests traveling from the Lincoln or Holland tunnels, follow I-495 to Route 3 West.