WNT vs. China
On Sunday, Aug. 27, the U.S. WNT topped China 4-1. It was the second three-goal victory for the U.S. ever against the Steel Roses. This edition of YDKJ(M) tests your knowledge of some of the best results against China in U.S. WNT history.
Aug. 30, 2006
1. Three years before the 1999 FIFA World Cup Final, the U.S. defeated China 2-1 to win Olympic gold. Who scored the game winning goal for the U.S.?
2. Which WNT legend scored a hat trick vs. China on March 17, 1998, at the Algarve Cup in the last three-goal victory for the U.S. vs. China?
3. In the only other three-goal victory for the U.S. WNT vs. China, which WNT legend also had a hat trick in a shutout on Aug. 10, 1991?
4. The U.S. played China twice during the 1995 FIFA Women's World Cup in Sweden. The U.S. teams tied 3-3 in group play, and the U.S. won 2-0 in the third place match. Two players scored multiple goals for the U.S. - who were they?
National Soccer Hall of Fame Bonus: Name the five penalty kick takers in the 1999 FIFA Women's World Cup Final.
1. Tiffeny Milbrett
2. Mia Hamm
3. Michelle Akers
4. Mia Hamm & Tisha Venturini
Bonus: Overbeck, Fawcett, Lilly, Hamm, Chastain