December Referees of the Week: 2012-13 Development Academy Season
Southern California-based referee Cody Gaines earned Referee of the Week during the month of December in the 2012-13 Development Academy season.
Jan. 24, 2013
© Michael Janosz/isiphotos.com
Throughout the U.S. Soccer Development Academy season, referees are recognized on a weekly basis for their outstanding performance officiating U-15/16 and U-17/18 matches.
The December schedule consisted of the Academy Winter Showcase in Florida and a hiatus during the holidays and therefore only one referee was recognized during the month:
Week 12: Cody Gaines earned Referee of the Week honors for his performance during a U-15/16 match between Chivas USA and Nomads SC. Gaines is a 21-year-old Grade 5 official from Southern California and has worked 21 games in the Academy over the past two years. Gaines also has worked Youth National Team and W-League matches and attended the 2011 Winter Showcase.
2012-13 Development Academy Referees of the Week
- Week 12 (weekend of Dec. 15-16): Cody Gaines (California – South)
- Week 11 (weekend of Nov. 17-18): Turan Ozdemir (California – North)
- Week 10 (weekend of Nov. 10-11): Nima Saghafi (Oklahoma)
- Week 9 (weekend of Nov. 3-4): Vince Apple-Chiarella (California – North)
- Week 8 (weekend of Oct. 27-28): Eric Tattersall (Pennsylvania – West)
- Week 7 (weekend of Oct. 20-21): Esteban Rosano (Florida)
- Week 6 (weekend of Oct. 13-14): Sergio Gonzalez (Maryland)
- Week 5 (weekend of Oct. 6-7): Oscar Rivas (Oregon)
- Week 4 (weekend of Sept. 27-28): Joshua Brooks (Kentucky)
- Week 3 (weekend of Sept. 22-23): Shane Danbeli (California – South)
- Week 2 (weekend of Sept. 15-16): Jordan Shaw (North Carolina)
- Week 1 (weekend of Sept. 8-9): Mohammad Samadpour (Maryland)