February Referees of the Week: 2012-13 Development Academy Season
George Kubove, Kyle Longville, Midge Van Es and Justin Bradford earned February Referee of the Week honors for their work in the Development Academy.
March 28, 2013
© Michael Janosz/isiphotos.com
Throughout the U.S. Soccer Development Academy season, referees are recognized on a weekly basis for their outstanding performance officiating U-15/16 and U-17/18 matches.
The Development Academy recognized George Kubove, Kyle Longville, Midge Van Es and Justin Bradford with Referee of the Week during the month of February:
Week 18: Justin Bradford earned Referee of the Week honors for his performance in a match between the North Carolina Fusion U-15/16 and CASL Chelsea FC Academy U-15/16 teams. Bradford is a Grade 5 referee from North Carolina and following that game had worked 30 Academy matches, attended the 2009 and 2010 playoffs and also does USL PRO, NASL and PDL and W-League matches.
Week 17: Midge Van Es garnered Referee of the Week accolades for his performance on the pitch. At 20 years old, Van Es is already a Grade 5 referee and is one of the young up-and-comers in the program. Van Es refereed his 56th Academy match during that weekend and has been an active official in PDL and YNT matches, as well.
Week 16: Kyle Longville was Referee of the Week for his efforts during a U-17/18 match between IMG Soccer Academy and Kendall SC. Longville is a Grade 5 referee from Florida and following that game had worked nine Academy matches over the past two years. He's also involved with PDL, USL Pro and YNT matches.
Week 15: George Kubove earned Referee of the Week for his performance during a U-15/16 match between Texans SC Houston and the Dallas Texans. Kubove is a Grade 5 referee from Texas-South and has worked more than 25 Academy matches over the past two years. He attended the 2012 Winter Showcase.
2012-13 Development Academy Referees of the Week
- Week 18 (weekend of Feb. 23-24): Justin Bradford (North Carolina)
- Week 17 (weekend of Feb. 16-17): Midge Van Es (Texas – South)
- Week 16 (weekend of Feb. 9-10): Kyle Longville (Florida)
- Week 15 (weekend of Feb. 2-3): George Kubove (Texas – South)
- Week 14 (weekend of Jan. 26-27): Stefan McHardy (Florida)
- Week 13 (weekend of Jan. 19-20): Michael Zapata (California – North)
- Week 12 (weekend of Dec. 15-16): Cody Gaines (California – South)
- Week 11 (weekend of Nov. 17-18): Turan Ozdemir (California – North)
- Week 10 (weekend of Nov. 10-11): Nima Saghafi (Oklahoma)
- Week 9 (weekend of Nov. 3-4): Vince Apple-Chiarella (California – North)
- Week 8 (weekend of Oct. 27-28): Eric Tattersall (Pennsylvania – West)
- Week 7 (weekend of Oct. 20-21): Esteban Rosano (Florida)
- Week 6 (weekend of Oct. 13-14): Sergio Gonzalez (Maryland)
- Week 5 (weekend of Oct. 6-7): Oscar Rivas (Oregon)
- Week 4 (weekend of Sept. 27-28): Joshua Brooks (Kentucky)
- Week 3 (weekend of Sept. 22-23): Shane Danbeli (California – South)
- Week 2 (weekend of Sept. 15-16): Jordan Shaw (North Carolina)
- Week 1 (weekend of Sept. 8-9): Mohammad Samadpour (Maryland)