- U.S. National Team: U-23 MNT
- Position: Forward
- Date Of Birth: Sep. 16, 1992
- Height: 5-8
- Weight: 155
- Hometown: Silver Spring, Md.
- Previous National Teams: U-15 MNT, U-17 MNT, U-20 MNT
- Club: Hoffenheim (Germany)
Joe Gyau has been a staple of the U.S. Soccer system, playing for the U-15, U-17, U-20 and now U-23 teams. He made his U.S. U-23 debut on Feb. 29, 2012, as the USA defeated Mexico’s U-23 team 2-0 in Frisco, Texas. Gyau started the match and logged 77 minutes on the pitch. Gyau currently plays professionally for TSG 1899 Hoffenheim in Germany.
- Gyau earned four caps for the U-20s from 2010-11, tallying four goals and netting a hat trick on Dec. 18, 2010, during a 5-0 win against Canada
- With the U-17s, tied for the team lead in appearances with Stefan Jerome in 2008, with both playing in 16 of the team’s 17 matches that year
- Gyau’s father, Philip, earned six caps with the U.S. MNT from 1989 to 1991