- U.S. National Team: MNT
- Position: Defender
- Date Of Birth: July 18, 1987
- Height: 5-10
- Weight: 170
- Hometown: Verdigris, Okla.
- Club: FC Dallas
An uncompromising fullback, Zach Loyd has maintained his role as a regular for FC Dallas in the 2011 season after a successful debut the year before. In 2010, Loyd made an impression with his versatility and helped lead the team all the way to the 2010 MLS Cup. A hard tackler who can also make buccaneering runs into the opposition half, Loyd made his first appearance for the U.S. Men’s National Team on Jan. 22, 2011, in the 1-1 tie against Chile in Carson, Calif.
- Has played in 21 games, starting 19, for FC Dallas thus far in the 2011 season
- Made his first national team appearance on Jan. 22, 2011, in a 1-1 tie against Chile in Carson, Calif.
- Was the fifth pick in the 2010 MLS SuperDraft and went on to make 24 regular season appearances and 19 starts
- Reached the 2008 NCAA College Cup final, where UNC lost to the University of Maryland
Scored seven goals and recorded 10 assists in his four years at North Carolina … Was part of the NCAA College Cup All-Tournament Team his junior year … Led the Tar Heels to back-to-back trip to the final four of the NCAA Tournament in 2008 and 2009.
Son of Alan and Kathleen Loyd… Has three brothers…Majored in exercise and sport science at North Carolina and plans a career as a teacher and coach after soccer… Grew up with a half-sized soccer field in his backyard, including lights.