- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Belgium 05/29/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Canada 01/29/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Panama 10/15/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Jamaica 10/11/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Mexico 09/10/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Costa Rica 09/06/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina 08/14/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Guatemala 07/05/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Honduras 06/18/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Panama 06/11/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Jamaica 06/07/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Germany 06/02/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Mexico 03/26/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Costa Rica 03/22/13
- Castrol Index: U.S. Men vs. Honduras 02/06/13
U.S. Men vs. Belgium
Castrol Index: Cameron, Jones and Dempsey lead the Index as the U.S. Men's National Team falls 4-2 to Belgium in Cleveland
In the first of two friendlies before FIFA World Cup Qualifying gets back underway, the U.S. Men's National Team lost to Belgium 4-2 in Cleveland on Wednesday night. The MNT went into the half with the score tied at one, but they were unable to contain the Belgian offense in the second half.
Fresh off a season with Stoke City in the English Premier League, defender Geoff Cameron scored his first-career goal with the National Team to lead the Castrol Index on the night with a score of 753 points. This is the second time Cameron has been in the top three of the Castrol Index, the other after the FIFA World Cup Qualifier against Costa Rica on March 22nd, when he finished behind defender Omar Gonzalez and midfielder Clint Dempsey, with 880 points.
Finishing second in the Index with a score of 575 was midfielder Jermaine Jones. In 90 minutes of play, he failed to get a shot off, but controlled the midfield and was fouled four times. Of the four midfielders who started the game, Jones was the only one to play the full 90 minutes.
Dempsey's assist on Cameron's goal, and his finish from the penalty spot in the second half was good enough for third with 543 Castrol Index points. Dempsey is second in the aggregate season Index with 2826 points. Midfielder Graham Zusi and DaMarcus Beasley – who earned his 100th cap on the night – finished fourth and fifth with 416 and 389 Index points, respectively.
Even though he finished outside of the top three Castrol Index point leaders of the game for the first time in 2013, Gonzalez still has the top spot in the season standings. His 378 points against Belgium gives him 2846 on the year, just 20 ahead of Dempsey for first place. With a friendly against Germany on tap for the weekend and three FIFA World Cup Qualifiers right around the corner, more shuffling is sure to occur.