Werner Fricker Builder Award
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2014 Werner Fricker Builder Award. The Werner Fricker Builder Award is the top honor that can be bestowed upon an individual or individuals by U.S. Soccer. The award is named after the late U.S. Soccer President Werner J. Fricker who was honored posthumously with the inaugural award. The award criteria was amended in 2011 by the Werner Fricker Sr. Memorial Award Task Force.
In order to be eligible an individual must meet the following criteria:
- Nominees can be an individual or group of individuals who is/are living or deceased.
- Nominees must have dedicated a minimum of 20 years of service to the sport.
- For athletes, playing career can count towards 20 years of service but nominee must have gone on to contribute to the sport in another capacity.
- Nominee's service must stand out and distinguish nominee from others serving in the same capacity.
- Nominee must have created or fostered programs or innovations that will outlast his/her/their own active involvement in the sport.
- Nominee's work has had a demonstrable impact on advancing the sport of soccer at the national level