A – Youth Course
The A – Youth Course focuses on the development of elite youth players as a part of the pathway to becoming a professional player.
In order to be considered for the U.S. Soccer A – Youth course, all applicants must meet the following pre-requisites:
- At least 18 years of age
- Have held a U.S. Soccer B license for at least 6 months
- Have 4 or more years of coaching experience (any level)
- Currently coaching
- Currently working in appropriate soccer environment for the course content
- -OR- have the opportunity to work with a team of the appropriate level for the course content in order to complete the assignments (internship, etc.)
The A – Youth Course requires a comprehensive application from all interested candidates. The application must be submitted through the Digital Coaching Center.
For the U.S. Soccer A – Youth course, candidates will be expected to complete their assignments while working with a team of elite youth players in a high-performance environment.
The A – Youth course consists of four course meetings separated by three development periods. The total course duration is approximately 5-6 months. The final assessment will be conducted in each candidate’s home environment.
Tasks of the Coach
- Coaching Training Sessions
- Coaching Games
- Leading Players
- Leading the Team
- Managing a Performance Environment
Digital Coaching Center
The U.S. Soccer Digital Coaching Center (DCC), is a state-of-the art online educational platform. The DCC allows coaches to create a personal profile, register for courses, communicate with technical staff, take part in online courses, create session plans with an online graphics tool, access an archive of U.S. Soccer training sessions and much more.
The DCC will be used for applications, registration, payment, assignments, communication and collaboration throughout the course.
Other frequently asked questions and answers can be found here.