The C Course focuses on the core concepts of coaching.
In order to register for the U.S. Soccer C course, all candidates must meet the following pre-requisites:
- At least 18 years of age
- Have held a U.S. Soccer D license for at least 12 months
- -OR- meet the waiver guidelines
- Currently coaching
Interested candidates who wish to apply based on a waiver must submit an application directly to the hosting organization.
Course StructureThe C course consists of two course meetings separated by a development period. The total course duration is approximately 2-3 months.
Tasks of the Coach
- Coaching Training Sessions
- Coaching Games
- Leading Players
- Leading the Team
- Managing a Performance Environment
Digital Coaching Center
The U.S. Soccer Digital Coaching Center (DCC), is a state-of-the art online educational platform. The DCC allows coaches to create a personal profile, register for courses, communicate with technical staff, take part in online courses, create session plans with an online graphics tool, access an archive of U.S. Soccer training sessions and much more.
The DCC will be used for applications, registration, payment, assignments, communication and collaboration throughout the course.
Other frequently asked questions and answers can be found here.Waiver Guidelines
Applicants who hold certain foreign licenses or have a minimum amount of professional playing experience may be considered eligible without holding the U.S. Soccer D License.
- Certain foreign licenses (subject to review by U.S. Soccer)
- Applicant has three-(3) years coaching experience, at any level, AND three-(3) years playing experience with a Senior National Team and/or three-(3) years playing experience on a FIFA recognized “1st Division” outdoor professional team. This information must be reflected on the coach’s DCC profile. Official proof of playing and coaching experience must be provided via letter head from the affiliated clubs, leagues, or organization.