Louisville City FC (USL) 1, Indy Eleven (NASL) 2
Upset-minded Louisville City FC took an early lead against host Indy Eleven but couldn’t make Chandler Hoffman’s 20th minute opener stand in the second half. Indy Eleven got back on level terms in the 58th minute thanks to Omar Gordon collecting a poor clearance and pounding a shot in for the equalizer. Ten minutes later, Indy put together a neat passing sequence that was finished off by Eamon Zayed to secure the 2-1 win and passage to the Fourth Round where the Chicago Fire await at Toyota Park on June 15.
Louisville City FC (USL) at Indy Eleven (NASL)
Time/Location: 7:30 p.m. ET; Carroll Stadium; Indianapolis, Ind.
Louisville City FC Previous Appearances (Best Finish): Second appearance (Third Round: 2015-2016)
Indy Eleven Previous Appearances (Best Finish): Third appearance (Fourth Round: 2015)
- The game is a re-match of when the two sides met at this stage last year. Louisville used goals from Nate Polak and Sidney Rivera to upset Indy Eleven 2-0.
- In this year’s tournament, Louisville City FC survived a Second Round scare, dispatching Detroit City FC 3-1 on penalty kicks following a 0-0 draw on May 18.
- Making their first Open Cup appearance in 2015, Louisville City advanced to the Fourth Round, defeating Lansing United 1-0 and Indy Eleven 2-0, before falling 1-0 in extra time to eventual semifinalists Chicago Fire.
- Indy Eleven starting goalkeeper Jon Busch previously won the U.S. Open Cup, backstopping Columbus Crew SC to the title in 2002.
- Indy enters the match as the last-remaining undefeated side in the NASL with a 3-0-5 mark (14 pts.), putting them second in the league’s Spring Season Table. Louisville City has had similar league success, going 7-1-3 through 11 matches and first in the USL’s Eastern Conference.