U.S. Soccer and UltimateBid.com Join Forces for Dream Weekend with U.S. Men's National Team
CHICAGO (Wednesday, May 17, 2000) - The U.S. Soccer Federation and UltimateBid.com have joined forces to allow fans to bid on the ultimate soccer weekend with the U.S. Men=s National Team when they battle against border rival Mexico in the Nike U.S. Men=s Cup 2000 on June 11 in East Rutherf
May 17, 2000
The UltimateBid.com website will open the auction from May 17 through May 30 for bidding. The final bid must be received by 10 p.m. ET on May 30.
The weekend will begin with VIP invitations to the U.S. training session on Saturday, June 10, followed by VIP seats at the USA-Mexico and South Africa-Ireland matches on Sunday, June 11 at the Meadowlands Sports Complex. The VIP tickets will also come with All Access passes, allowing the winners to enter the field area, press box, broadcast booth and production truck. The winners exhilarating weekend will also include invitations to the U.S. Soccer Federation=s post or pre-game hospitality reception.
Proceeds from the auction will go to benefit the U.S. Soccer Foundation, established in 1993 to enhance, assist and grow the sport of soccer, which has been funding soccer programs across the country for the better part of a decade. U.S. Soccer is also planning a similar auction experience for a weekend with the U.S. Men=s National Team in the near future.
UltimateBid.com is the marketplace for extraordinary experiences in the world of sports, entertainment, travel and adventure. A privately-held company that is headquartered in Redwood Shores, Calif., they have created a revolutionary new marketplace for experiences, where passionate sports fans, entertainment seekers and travel aficionados can bid on extraordinary experiences that until now were unattainable. For more information on the bidding process log on to www.ultimatebid.com or call 800/ULTIMATE.
U.S. SOCCER'S ULTIMATE SOCCER WEEKEND
- Access to U.S. training sessions on Friday, June 9 and Saturday, June 10.
- 4 VIP tickets to attend Nike U.S. Men's Cup doubleheader on Sunday, June 11 at the Meadowlands in New Jersey. USA vs. Mexico (televised by ABC) and South Africa vs. Ireland.
- 4 All-Access Credentials to any area of Meadowlands Sports Complex.
- 4 Invitations to United States Soccer Federation either post or pre-game reception on June 11.
- Variety of authentic U.S. Soccer apparel for four (including jerseys, fleece pull-overs, T-shirts, jackets & caps).
- One Autographed U.S. Soccer ball from the Men's team.
- One Autographed U.S. Soccer jersey from the Men's team.
The package does not include airfare and hotel accommodations