Auction for One-of-a-Kind Xbox 360 Elite Autographed by Drew Carey and U.S. Soccer Players Begins
Soccer and gaming fans from all over the world have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to bid on a unique Xbox 360 Elite console autographed by comedian and television star Drew Carey and players from the U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Soccer Teams.
June 15, 2007
CHICAGO (June 15, 2007) – Soccer and gaming fans from all over the world have a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to bid on a unique Xbox 360 Elite console autographed by comedian and television star Drew Carey and players from the U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Soccer Teams.
This premier gaming console, in addition to being the hottest video game system on the market, was signed as part of the “Drew Carey vs. U.S. Soccer Video Game Challenge,” a celebrity fundraising event staged on June 5 at The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif., that raised more than $165,000 to benefit the Mooch Myernick Memorial Fund, established in honor of former coach and MNT captain Glenn “Mooch” Myernick.
In addition to the Drew Carey autograph, the console features U.S. National Team stars Landon Donovan, Kasey Keller and Taylor Twellman, and Women’s National Team standouts Abby Wambach and Hope Solo.
To bid on this exclusive item, go to ussoccer.com and click on the Drew Carey Auction Button. From there, you will be able to make your bid and monitor the auction as fans chase this one-of-a-kind Xbox 360 Elite. The auction will last through the afternoon of Wednesday, June 27.
The Xbox 360 Elite features a 120GB hard drive, a high-definition multimedia interface (HDMI) port, an Xbox 360 HDMI cable, a premium black finish, Xbox LIVE Headset and an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. Distinguished by its black finish and signature metallic detailing, the Xbox 360 Elite retails for $479.99 (U.S.) and comes packed with components and accessories for the ultimate high-definition (HD) entertainment experience (details below).
In front of more than 200 people at a VIP invitation-only event, including all the players and coaches of the U.S. Men’s National Team Gold Cup squad and more than a dozen Women’s National Team players, the star of the upcoming CBS game show The Power of 10 competed against the top soccer players in the U.S. playing in EA SPORTSTM FIFA Soccer 07 on Xbox 360™ to raise money for the U.S. Soccer Foundation. Drew surprised an already giddy crowd when, after dominating the opposition and going 4-2 in six matches, he decided to not only pay the full $100,000 that was at stake in the competition, but also doubled up on his two losses to the tune of another $60,000.
Prior to the June 5 event, the Foundation had already raised more than $100,000 from individual and corporate donors in Myernick’s honor to help support the growth of soccer in major metropolitan areas across the country. An assistant coach for the USA in the 2002 and 2006 FIFA World Cup, Myernick was universally admired, respected and loved by all those whose lives he touched. He passed away in October of 2006 at the age of 51.
Auction and Payment Information:
The Auction can be located by going to ussoccer.com and clicking on the link advertising the auction.
Starting Bid is $750.
Shipping is free.
The auction will run through June 26, 2007.
Payment will be accepted by money order or credit card in the form of a donation to the U.S. Soccer Foundation. We will contact the winning bidder to make payment and shipping arrangements.
* Xbox 360 Elite console. The console is equipped with a premium black finish and three powerful core processors capable of producing the best in HD entertainment (up to 1080p), 16:9 cinematic aspect ratio, anti-aliasing for smooth textures, full surround sound, HDMI output and DVD playback with upscaling capabilities right out of the box.
* Xbox 360 120GB hard drive. The black 120GB detachable hard drive allows gamers to save their games and store HD television shows, movies, music, trailers, levels, demos and other content available from Xbox LIVE Marketplace (TV shows and movies available in U.S. only). The 120GB hard drive is sold separately in the original Xbox 360 chill color for an estimated retail price of $179.99 (U.S.).
* Xbox 360 HDMI cable. New to Xbox 360, HDMI allows consumers to get HD video (up to 1080p) and multichannel surround sound - all from one cable.
* Xbox 360 Headset. Now available in black, the headset lets gamers strategize or trade taunts while playing games and lets them send voice messages to friends on Xbox LIVE.
* Xbox 360 Wireless Controller. The award-winning, high-performance wireless controller, now in black, features the Xbox Guide Button for quick, in-game access to friends and music. It has a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of 30 hours on two AA batteries. It is sold separately for an estimated retail price of $49.99 (U.S.).
* Xbox LIVE Silver Membership. With this, gamers can chat with friends online, collect Achievements and gamerscores, send and receive voice and text messages, and access and purchase Xbox LIVE Marketplace content such as game demos, HD movies and TV as well as the best in downloadable games from Xbox LIVE Arcade (TV shows and movies available in U.S. only).
* One-month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold. An Xbox LIVE Gold Membership provides a complete online entertainment experience. Subscribers to this premium service can engage in competitive online multiplayer matches, tailor their matchmaking, chat with more than one person at a time, and take advantage of unique experiences in Xbox LIVE Marketplace and Xbox LIVE Arcade.