Quick Hits from MNT Camp: Feb. 6, 2006
CARSON, Calif. (Feb. 6, 2006) - The U.S. MNT returned to the training field at The Home Depot Center as they begin the final week of preparations for their Feb. 10 friendly vs. Japan.
Feb. 6, 2006
- Eddie Johnson participated in a full training session on Monday for the first time since suffering a bruised calf on Jan. 22 against Canada
- Nate Jaqua is undergoing an MRI examination on his right knee on Monday afternoon after colliding with South Korea’s goalkeeper in Saturday's training session
- U.S. Manager Bruce Arena is expected to name a travel roster on Wednesday in advance of the USA's match against Japan on Feb. 10 at SBC Park in San Francisco
- More than 28,000 tickets have been sold for that match, the USA's first in San Francisco in 26 years
- The team returned to training on Monday after having Sunday off, taking advantage of the afternoon to attend a Super Bowl party at Landon Donovan’s home. Most of the players accepted the offer to see Donovan's house in person after it was featured on MTV's 'Cribs' last week.
--Order Your "Journey to Germany" DVD,
available exclusively at ussoccerstore.com--
ussoccer.com is the official site of U.S. Soccer, the governing body of soccer in the United States.