Wags' Wecipes - Asparagus Tomato Pasta
In this installment of Wags’ Wecipes, Sarah goes with a pasta dish. We think the vegetarians out there will like it, and it’s very appropriate for Russia as the players have had a pasta dish every meal. Wags is proud to present her Wecipe for Asparagus Tomato Pasta...enjoy!
Aug. 22, 2006
Asparagus Tomato Pasta
1 rubber-banded stock of asparagus
1 14oz can of peeled diced tomatoes OR 4 large vine ripened tomatoes
2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
2 to 2 1/2 tablespoons extra light virgin olive oil
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
Desired amount of Parmesan cheese
(Optional: cooked chicken or shrimp)
How to make it:
1) In a large nonstick skillet, add 1 tablespoon olive oil along with washed and chopped asparagus.
2) Cook until the asparagus gets a little soft, but DO NOT OVERCOOK!
3) Add tomatoes and crushed red pepper (chicken/shrimp as well if desired)
4) Cook Spaghetti as directed on the package
5) Combine noodles and tomato mixture in large bowl
6) Stir in desired amount of parmesan cheese
Note: If pasta is dry add a little more olive oil, but don't over do it!