March Referees of the Week: 2012-13 Development Academy Season
Guido Gonzalez Jr., Leszek Stalmach, Farhad Dadkho and Cesar Ibarra earned March Referee of the Week honors for their work in the Development Academy.
April 26, 2013
© Dani Vernon/ISI
Throughout the U.S. Soccer Development Academy season, referees are recognized on a weekly basis for their outstanding performance officiating U-15/16 and U-17/18 matches.
The Development Academy recognized Guido Gonzalez Jr., Leszek Stalmach, Farhad Dadkho and Cesar Ibarra with Referee of the Week during the month of March:
Week 22: Cesar Ibarra earned Referee of the Week honors for his performance during a U-17/18 match between Sockers FC and the Crew Soccer Academy. Ibarra is a 27-year-old Grade 5 referee from Illinois. The match marked the 14th Academy game he has worked over the past two years. Ibarra also works MLS Reserve League, Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup and PDL matches, as well as MLS scrimmages.
Week 21: Farhad Dadkho was named Referee of the Week for his work at a U-17/18 game between the Portland Timbers and Strikers FC. Dadkho is a 31-year-old Grade 5 referee from Oregon, and the match was his 33rd in the Academy over the past two years. He has attended the 2011 and 2012 Winter Showcase events, the postseason 2011 Showcase and the 2012 Academy Playoffs.
Week 20: Leszek Stalmach was named Academy Referee of the Week for the weekend of March 9-10. The 43-year-old, Grade 3 official from Texas North has worked in more than 30 Development Academy matches over the past two years. Stalmach attended the 2011 Winter Showcase and has worked NASL and YNT matches as well.
Week 19: Guido Gonzalez Jr. was recognized as Referee of the Week for his officiating performance in a match between Concorde Fire U-17/18 and Georgia United U-17/18. Guido is a 29-year-old, Grade 6 referee from Georgia who worked his 15th Academy match during the weekend of March 2-3. Gonzalez attended the 2012 Winter Showcase.
2012-13 Development Academy Referees of the Week
- Week 22 (weekend of March 23-24): Cesar Ibarra (Illinois)
- Week 21 (weekend of March 16-17): Farhad Dadkho (Oregon)
- Week 20 (weekend of March 9-10): Leszek Stalmach (Texas – North)
- Week 19 (weekend of March 2-3): Guido Gonzalez Jr. (Georgia)
- Week 18 (weekend of Feb. 23-24): Justin Bradford (North Carolina)
- Week 17 (weekend of Feb. 16-17): Midge Van Es (Texas – South)
- Week 16 (weekend of Feb. 9-10): Kyle Longville (Florida)
- Week 15 (weekend of Feb. 2-3): George Kubove (Texas – South)
- Week 14 (weekend of Jan. 26-27): Stefan McHardy (Florida)
- Week 13 (weekend of Jan. 19-20): Michael Zapata (California – North)
- Week 12 (weekend of Dec. 15-16): Cody Gaines (California – South)
- Week 11 (weekend of Nov. 17-18): Turan Ozdemir (California – North)
- Week 10 (weekend of Nov. 10-11): Nima Saghafi (Oklahoma)
- Week 9 (weekend of Nov. 3-4): Vince Apple-Chiarella (California – North)
- Week 8 (weekend of Oct. 27-28): Eric Tattersall (Pennsylvania – West)
- Week 7 (weekend of Oct. 20-21): Esteban Rosano (Florida)
- Week 6 (weekend of Oct. 13-14): Sergio Gonzalez (Maryland)
- Week 5 (weekend of Oct. 6-7): Oscar Rivas (Oregon)
- Week 4 (weekend of Sept. 27-28): Joshua Brooks (Kentucky)
- Week 3 (weekend of Sept. 22-23): Shane Danbeli (California – South)
- Week 2 (weekend of Sept. 15-16): Jordan Shaw (North Carolina)
- Week 1 (weekend of Sept. 8-9): Mohammad Samadpour (Maryland)