May Referees of the Week: 2012-13 Development Academy Season
Britton Maier, Hernan Aguilar and Jody Pinkerton earned May Referee of the Week honors for their work in the Development Academy.
June 30, 2013
© Dani Vernon/ISI
Throughout the U.S. Soccer Development Academy season, referees are recognized on a weekly basis for their outstanding performance officiating U-15/16 and U-17/18 matches.
The Development Academy recognized Britton Maier, Hernan Aguilar and Jody Pinkerton with Referee of the Week during the month of May:
Week 29: Jody Pinkerton captured Referee of the Week for his efforts during a U-17/18 tilt between FC Dallas and the Colorado Rush. Pinkerton is a 37-year-old Grade 4 referee from northern Texas and following that assignment had worked his 38th Academy match over a two-year span. Pinkerton attended the 2012 Winter Showcase and also handles duties at PDL, MLS Reserve and NASL matches.
Week 28: Hernan Aguilar earned Referee of the Week honors for his work during the U-17/18 game featuring Albertson SC and FC Westchester. The 34-year-old Grade 4 referee from eastern New York worked his 31st Development Academy match that weekend and has been involved in Academy assignments for the past two years. He also attended the 2011 Academy Playoffs and Showcase. He also recently worked the sideline for a 2013 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup match.
Week 27: Britton Maier was awarded Referee of the Week honors for his performance during a U-17/18 match between the Crew Soccer Academy and Chicago Magic PSG. The 41-year-old Grade 4 official from Ohio worked his 17th Academy match that weekend. Maier also works USL PRO, PDL, W-League, Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup and Youth National Team matches.
2012-13 Development Academy Referees of the Week
- Week 29 (weekend of May 18-19): Jody Pinkerton (Texas – North)
- Week 28 (weekend of May 11-12): Hernan Aguilar (New York – East)
- Week 27 (weekend of May 4-5): Britton Maier (Ohio)
- Week 26 (weekend of April 27-28): Matthew Buckman (California – North)
- Week 25 (weekend of April 20-21): Levi Rippy (Washington)
- Week 24 (weekend of April 13-14): Keith Angel (Illinois)
- Week 23 (weekend of April 6-7): J.T. Alukonis (D.C./Virginia)
- Week 22 (weekend of March 23-24): Cesar Ibarra (Illinois)
- Week 21 (weekend of March 16-17): Farhad Dadkho (Oregon)
- Week 20 (weekend of March 9-10): Leszek Stalmach (Texas – North)
- Week 19 (weekend of March 2-3): Guido Gonzalez Jr. (Georgia)
- Week 18 (weekend of Feb. 23-24): Justin Bradford (North Carolina)
- Week 17 (weekend of Feb. 16-17): Midge Van Es (Texas – South)
- Week 16 (weekend of Feb. 9-10): Kyle Longville (Florida)
- Week 15 (weekend of Feb. 2-3): George Kubove (Texas – South)
- Week 14 (weekend of Jan. 26-27): Stefan McHardy (Florida)
- Week 13 (weekend of Jan. 19-20): Michael Zapata (California – North)
- Week 12 (weekend of Dec. 15-16): Cody Gaines (California – South)
- Week 11 (weekend of Nov. 17-18): Turan Ozdemir (California – North)
- Week 10 (weekend of Nov. 10-11): Nima Saghafi (Oklahoma)
- Week 9 (weekend of Nov. 3-4): Vince Apple-Chiarella (California – North)
- Week 8 (weekend of Oct. 27-28): Eric Tattersall (Pennsylvania – West)
- Week 7 (weekend of Oct. 20-21): Esteban Rosano (Florida)
- Week 6 (weekend of Oct. 13-14): Sergio Gonzalez (Maryland)
- Week 5 (weekend of Oct. 6-7): Oscar Rivas (Oregon)
- Week 4 (weekend of Sept. 27-28): Joshua Brooks (Kentucky)
- Week 3 (weekend of Sept. 22-23): Shane Danbeli (California – South)
- Week 2 (weekend of Sept. 15-16): Jordan Shaw (North Carolina)
- Week 1 (weekend of Sept. 8-9): Mohammad Samadpour (Maryland)