Tall and agile, Goodson has proven to be a more than capable member of the U.S. depth chart in the back. Beginning with his solid presence in the run up to the 2009 Gold Cup final, his consistent performances earned him a spot on the 2010 FIFA World Cup. He went on to be an anchor in the USA’s run to the final of the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup. He is particularly adept in the air on set pieces at both ends of the park, displaying a sense of anticipation equal to his timing and technical ability. Goodson spent four years sharpening his skills at FC Dallas before heading across the Atlantic to IK Start in Norway, where his play merited a transfer to perennial Danish league contender Brøndby as well as the captain’s armband.
- Started every game for the U.S. in the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup
- Part of the USA’s roster at the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa
- Played in a career-high 10 matches in 2011, including nine starts
- Played in six matches for the U.S. in 2009 and scored the game-winner in the 2-0 semifinal victory against Honduras in the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup, earning a place on the All-Tournament Team
- Named captain at Danish powerhouse Brøndby after only half of a season with the club