An attacking left back by trade, Pearce’s sense of timing and crossing ability are considerable assets for the U.S. system. A contributor to the USA’s successful campaign to qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup, he was named to the 30-man preliminary roster. His versatility and willingness to take on defenders led to his use in various positions on defense for FC Dallas, even being deployed in the midfield. His efforts were a big part of his club side’s run to the 2010 MLS Cup final, but a hamstring injury kept him from his first championship match. He continues his MLS career at Chivas USA in his home state, California.
- Chosen as part of the 30-man preliminary roster for the 2010 FIFA World Cup
- A member of the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup squad, Pearce made the most impact during the USA’s other major tournament during the year, starting five games in the run to the final of the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup
- Recorded an assist in the 2-1 victory against El Salvador on Feb. 24, 2010, marking the fourth straight year he has put points on the board
- Finished with 754 total minutes spread across nine starts during 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying
- A former member of the U-17 Residency Program, he competed at both the U-17 and U-20 levels
- Spent five years in Europe playing in the top leagues in Denmark and Germany before embarking on an MLS career with FC Dallas