Athletically gifted and a strong finisher, Buddle can deliver goals in a variety of forms. He accumulated a wealth of experience with the U.S. Youth National Teams, and used his years of service in MLS to hone his scoring instincts. His red-hot form combined with added maturity and an improved feel for the game earned him a spot on the 2010 FIFA World Cup roster. In January of 2011, Buddle took his talents overseas to Germany, where he has established himself as a regular for Second Bundesliga club FC Ingolstadt.
- His remarkable scoring rate for the Los Angeles Galaxy during the 2010 season catapulted him into a spot on the USA’s 2010 FIFA World Cup roster
- Entered as a sub to aid in the draw against England and the historic win against Algeria
- Scored a pair of goals on June 5 against Australia in the USA’s final tune up before the World Cup
- Prior to 2010, he earned his first and only cap for the USA in 2003 when he came on as a late sub in a friendly against Venezuela
- A member of the U-18, U-20 and U-23 teams, he represented the country during the 2001 FIFA Youth World Championships on the U-20 team with Oguchi Onyewu, DaMarcus Beasley and Landon Donovan
- Finished as the runner up for the 2010 Major League Soccer Most Valuable Player Award
- Has scored nine goals since joining FC Ingolstadt in January 2010