- Twenty Players Will Travel from Carson, Calif. to Tampa, Fla. For Feb. 24 Game with El Salvador
- Kickoff for Match Set for 7 p.m. ET, with live Coverage on ESPN Classic and Galavision
CHICAGO (Feb. 20, 2010) â€” U.S. Men's National Team head coach Bob Bradley has named a roster of 20 players to travel to Tampa, Fla. for the Feb. 24 match against El Salvador at Raymond James Stadium. The U.S. team is concluding a ten-day camp at The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. and will travel to Florida on Sunday in preparation for the game.
The match against El Salvador, the USA's second game of 2010, can be seen live on ESPN Classic and Galavision. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. ET. Fans can also follow along at ussoccer.com's MatchTracker and at twitter.com/ussoccer.
The U.S. Men's National Team has been drawn into Group C with England, Slovenia and Algeria for the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa. The U.S. will open its sixth consecutive World Cup finals tournament against England on June 12 in Rustenburg, and will follow that game with matches against Slovenia on June 18 in Johannesburg and Algeria on June 23 in Tshwane/Pretoria.
U.S. ROSTER BY POSITION Click Here For Detailed RosterÂ
GOALKEEPERS (2): Troy Perkins (D.C. United), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)
DEFENDERS (5): Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Clarence Goodson (IK Start), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew), Heath Pearce (FC Dallas), Marvell Wynne (Toronto FC)
MIDFIELDERS (9): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders), Eddie Gaven (Columbus Crew), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Dax McCarty (FC Dallas), Chris Pontius (D.C. United), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew)
FORWARDS (4): Conor Casey (Colorado Rapids), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo), Jeff Cunningham (FC Dallas), Robbie Findley (Real Salt Lake)
A Men’s National Team debutant in 2009, Perkins went on to tend the nets for the USA during the team’s memorable run to the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup final. As a former MLS Goalkeeper of the Year, Perkins has made a successful jump abroad, becoming the No. 1 for Norwegian Premier League club Vålerenga, who he helped to a league title in 2008. A vocal presence and an agile shot stopper, Perkins heads into 2010 fighting for a spot as one of a number of goalkeepers backing up Tim Howard.
- Debuted for the USA in a 3-2 win against Sweden on Jan. 24, 2009 at The Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif.
- Earned his first clean sheet in the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup opener against Grenada, and went on to feature in five of six games during the USA’s run to the final of the regional championship
- The 2006 MLS Goalkeeper of the Year, he was also a member of the MLS Best XI as he helped D.C. United to the MLS Supporters Shield
- Jumped to Vålerenga in Norway in late 2007 and slotted quickly into the starting spot for his new club
Date of Birth
Jul 20, 1981