A quick and crafty midfielder, Torres brings quick feet and effective passing to the U.S. midfield. Able to play either centrally or as a wide midfielder, the left-footed Torres had his dream come true when he started against Slovenia in the 2010 FIFA World Cup. After being courted by Peter Nowak for the 2008 Olympic team, the Texas native made his debut in a national team camp in October 2008. Having joined the Pachuca system at the age of 16, he is a frequent contributor to Los Tuzos and has played in both the 2008 and 2010 FIFA Club World Cups.
- Named Man of the Match for his performance in the 1-0 loss against Costa Rica on Sept. 2, 2011
- Started in the 2-2 draw against Slovenia in the 2010 FIFA World Cup
- Part of the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup squad, Torres featured five times in World Cup qualifying during 2009
- Made his full national team debut for the USA as a substitute in the 6-1 World Cup qualifying victory against Cuba on Oct. 11, 2008, at RFK Stadium
- A fixture for Pachuca's midfield, in 2010 he helped Los Tuzos to their second CONCACAF Champions League Final in three years