Johnson’s lightning quick first step, overall strength and aerial prowess make him an attacking threat. Regular playing time on loan at Aris in Greece proved timely as he showcased his form and earned a spot on the 30-man preliminary roster for the 2010 FIFA World Cup. Challenged by a slew of able strikers, he has had successive loan spells from parent club Fulham, from Cardiff City to Aris and now Preston North End in the English League Championship.
- A member of the USA’s preliminary roster for the 2010 FIFA World Cup
- Johnson has eight goals in only nine FIFA World Cup qualifying appearances, and still holds the distinction as the only U.S. player to score a hat trick coming of the bench (Oct. 13, 2004 vs. Panama)
- Went on a record-breaking tear from late 2004 to early 2005 when he became the first player in MNT history to score in each of his first four appearances, three of which were 2006 World Cup qualifying games
- Owns one of the most prolific scoring careers in U.S. Youth National Team history, tallying 37 career goals in 51 international youth games with the U-17s, U-20s and U-23s
- Moved to Europe with Fulham in 2008 and has found success during loan spells with Cardiff City in the English League Championship and Aris in the Greece Super League
Date of Birth
Mar 31, 1984
Palm Coast, Fla.