Possessing size, speed and agility, Brek Shea is well suited to become a potent attacking threat. The tireless midfielder made a name for himself on an international level with both his fearless runs as he became a regular member of the U.S. team in the second half of 2011, and is expected to play a big role in the USA’s efforts to qualify for the 2012 Olympic Games. After appearing in every playoff match to help FC Dallas reach the 2010 MLS Cup, he enjoyed a breakout season in 2011 that included a series of career highs and lead to a nomination for the MLS Most Valuable Player Award and a spot on the MLS Best XI.
- Credited with his first career assist for the U.S. on the equalizer against Mexico on Aug. 10, 2011
- One of three players to appear in every game in 2011 under Jurgen Klinsmann
- Became the first player born in the 1990s to earn a cap for the U.S. Men's National Team when he started on Oct. 12, 2010, against Colombia
- First called up to camp in 2008 when he was in the squad for the USA's trip to Barbados in the second round of World Cup qualifying
- Represented the United States in both a U-20 and U-17 FIFA World Cup
- Named to the MLS Best XI and nominated for the MLS MVP Award in 2011
2011: Named to the MLS Best XI and was a finalist for league MVP … Made 31 appearances for FC Dallas in the regular season, starting 30 of those … Played the full 90 minutes in 28 games, recording a new career high of 2,647 minutes … Scored 11 goals and added three assists, also new career highs … Closed the year with a training spell at Arsenal in London … 2010: Finished the season with career highs in games played (25), games started (21), goals (5), and minutes (1,797) … Played in all four of FC Dallas' playoff games in its march to 2010 MLS Cup, earning two assists … 2009: Made 19 regular season appearances and earned his first MLS start for FC Dallas on May 23 against the LA Galaxy… Recorded his first professional MLS assist in a game against the San Jose Earthquakes on June 7… 2008: Made his professional and MLS debut at Chivas USA on April 20 as a substitute in the 86th minute …Moved to center back under head coach Schellas Hyndman, where he played the full 90 against Club America on Sept. 7.