MNT Jun 18, 2013
- The U.S. enters the match sporting a 24-match unbeaten run in qualifying at home, the 22-0-2 record dating back to 2001. The last loss on home soil came Sept. 1, 2001, a 3-2 defeat at the hands of today’s visitors.
- The United States holds a 12-4-3 lifetime record against Honduras, including a 9-2-2 record on U.S. soil.
- In World Cup Qualifying matches, the U.S. is 4-2-1 all-time against Honduras.
- Gonzalez made his first appearance in a World Cup Qualifier that day.
- Dempsey has scored in consecutive games against Honduras. Previous to the qualifier in San Pedro Sula, he tallied the lone goal in the 36th minute as the USA topped Honduras 1-0 on Oct. 8, 2011, at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens, Fla. Goalkeeper Tim Howard, who made six saves, picked up his 37th career victory to tie Tony Meola for second on the all-time win list for goalkeepers.
- The 2011 win also was Jurgen Klinsmann’s first victory as the U.S. MNT head coach.
- Clarence Goodson has scored twice against Honduras, including a goal in the 2-1 win in the semifinal of the 2009 Gold Cup. Eddie Johnson has one career tally as well, scoring the lone goal in the 1-0 win on March 19, 2005, in Albuquerque.