USA: 1-Tim Howard (capt.); 23-Fabian Johnson, 20-Geoff Cameron, 7-Maurice Edu, 15-Edgar Castillo (4-Michael Orozco Fiscal, 77); 13-Jermaine Jones (14-Joe Corona, 89), 5-Kyle Beckerman, 6-Danny Williams (8-Graham Zusi, 60), 16-Jose Torres (18-Terrence Boyd, 45); 10-Landon Donovan (17-Damarcus Beasley, 45), 9-Herculez Gomez (11-Brek Shea, 78)
Subs not used: 3-Matt Besler, 19-Chris Wondolowski, 22-Nick Rimando
Head Coach: Jurgen Klinsmann
MEX: 1- Guillermo Ochoa; 5- Severo Meza (3-Enrique Perez, 88), 2-Francisco Rodriguez (capt.), 15-Hector Moreno, 20-Jorge Torres Nilo; 17-Jesus Zavala, 6- Manuel Viniegra (23-Edgar Lugo, 45), 18-Andres Guardado, 7-Pablo Barrera (11-Elias Hernandez, 45); 10-Angel Reyna (9-Aldo de Nigris, 73), 14-Javier Hernandez
Subs not used: 4-Hugo Ayala, 8-Adrian Adrete, 12-Alfredo Talavera
Head coach: Jose Manuel de la Torre
Stats Summary: USA / MEX
Shots: 6 / 15
Shots on Goal: 3 / 3
Saves: 3 / 2
Corner Kicks: 0 / 10
Fouls: 11 / 10
Offside: 0 / 4
- The goal was Michael Orozco Fiscal's first for the U.S. MNT.
- Orozco Fiscal joins Willie Roy, Rick Davis, Eddie Lewis and Charlie Davies as the only U.S. players to score in Azteca.
- The U.S. improved to 16-32-12 against Mexico in 60 games.
- Since 2000, the USA has posted a 11-5-3 record against Mexico.
- The USA improves to 1-23-1 all-time in Mexico.
- The USA held the lead for just more than 12 minutes (slightly longer than the lead it held in 2009, which lasted about 10 minutes)
- Orozco Fiscal's goal was assisted by Terrence Boyd, his first for the U.S. MNT.