MNT Jul 25, 2013
- Landon Donovan is the only player on the USA’s Gold Cup roster to have started in all five matches during this year’s tournament, and he had played 432 straight minutes before being subbed out by Chris Wondolowski in the 72nd minute. He now has 33 career Gold Cup appearances.
- He has five goals and seven assists in the tournament. The goal count ties him with Chris Wondolowski and Manuel Torres of Panama in the race for the Golden Boot.
- Along with its overall winning streak, the USA will have a chance to tie its U.S. home record winning streak of 10, which was set from June 15, 2008, through July 11, 2009.
- Alejandro Bedoya’s two assists were the first two of his international career.
- Nick Rimando became the fifth U.S. goalkeeper in the modern era to post five victories during a calendar year, improving to 5-0-0 in 2013. The other four goalkeepers to earn five or more wins in a year are: Tim Howard (five times), Kasey Keller (four times), Tony Meola (four times) and Troy Perkins (one time).