MNT Nov 10, 2011
Cherundolo is one of three players on the U.S. roster who is the captain of his club teamHere's all the news and notes you need to get prepped for the USA's first match against France since 1979, and the first ever in the famed Stade de France. A few to get you started ...
- A total of 27 players have earned at least one cap under Jurgen Klinsmann.
- Klinsmann has used five different starting lineups in as many matches.
- Carlos Bocanagra has 98 caps and is two shy of reaching the century mark. He and Tim Howard are the only two players who have started all five games with Klinsmann at the helm.
- Bill Hamid, Fabian Johnson and Alfredo Morales are the only players on the roster in search of their first cap. Morales, who plays for Hertha Berlin, makes his debut in a full national team camp, having previously played with the U.S. U-20 MNT at the same time as Hamid and Brek Shea.
- Three players on the roster currently serve as captains for their club teams: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), and Clarence Goodson.
- Six players on the roster are age-eligible for the U-23 MNT: Jozy Altidore, Timmy Chandler, Bill Hamid, Alfredo Morales, Brek Shea and Danny Williams.