WNT Apr 23, 2012
Over the Easter weekend, U.S. WNT players Lori Lindsey and Becky Sauerbrunn were guests of the White House, participating in the 134thAnnual Easter Egg Role on the South Lawn. This year’s theme was “Let’s Go, Let’s Play, Let’s Move” which would seem to be right up the alley for a WNT player. Lori and Becky ran the soccer obstacle course for kids that proved to be quite popular. Here are Lori Lindsey’s top-five observations and highlights from the Easter Egg Roll.
5. “I was the best looking professional athlete there.” Apparently, Becky and Lori didn’t see any other only professional athletes at the event.
4. “There were 35,000 people on the South Lawn! That’s a big backyard.”
3. “We had the most popular activity at the Easter Egg Roll. There were kids lined up forever for our obstacle course. It was like a ride at Disneyland.”
2. “Watching kids run the obstacle course was way easier than us running the Beep Test.”
1. “Listening to actor Forrest Whitaker read to children next to our obstacle course was really cool. He has a very distinct voice.”