MNT Jun 26, 2011
USA: 1-Tim Howard, 3-Carlos Bocanegra (capt.), 4-Michael Bradley, 6-Steve Cherundolo, 8-Clint Dempsey, 10-Landon Donovan, 13-Jermaine Jones, 14-Eric Lichaj, 20-Freddy Adu, 21-Clarence Goodson, 22-Alejandro Bedoya
Subs: 2-Jonathan Spector, 7-Maurice Edu, 9-Juan Agudelo, 12-Jonathan Bornstein, 15-Tim Ream, 16-Sacha Kljestan, 23-Marcus Hahnemann
- The U.S. will be wearing white for the fourth time during the Gold Cup and first since group play.
- Howard, Cherundolo, Goodson, Bocanegra, Bradley, Jones and Dempsey have started every game of the 2011 Gold Cup.
- Nine starters are the same from the lineup against Panama. Donovan and Adu are in; Kljestan and Agudelo are out.
- Donovan makes his first start since the group stage.
- Adu makes his first start since July 8, 2009, against Honduras in the Gold Cup.
- Jones, Lichaj, Adu and Bedoya will be taking the field against Mexico for the first time.
- Bradley, Dempsey and Jones have started nine straight matches dating to USA-Argentina on March 26.
- Goodson is the only player on the roster that appeared against Mexico in the 2009 Gold Cup final. He started and played 90 minutes in that game.
- Goodson has started sixconsecutive matches, the most consecutive starts in his international career.