MNT Aug 30, 2010
The European leagues got in a full slate of action before taking a break for Euro qualifiers:
- Michael Bradley played the full 90 minutes of Borussia Mönchengladbach's impressive 6-3 win against Bayer Leverkusen. HIGHLIGHTS
- Jermaine Jones was on the scoresheet but Steve Cherundolo and Hannover were 2-1 winners in a Bundesliga encounter. HIGHLIGHTS
- In England, Fulham continued their unbeaten start to the Premier League season. Clint Dempsey was a substitute in an eventful second half as the Cottagers drew 2-2 with Blackpool.
- Who's that in fifth place in the Premier League? OH HAI, it's Bolton Wanderers with a win and two draws. Stuart Holden and Bolton battled back from a man down and two goals down to snatch a 2-2 draw with Birmingham. So far an excellent start to the season for Owen Coyle's team. BRIEF HIGHLIGHTS
- Former MNT goalkeeper Brad Friedel came out on top of a U.S. 'keeper battle on Sunday, with Aston Villa defeating Tim Howard and Everton 1-0.
- Benny Feilhaber got an assist in AGF Aarhus' 3-1 win against FC Vestsjælland. Feilhaber crossed for hat-trick hero David Devdariani's third goal. HIGHLIGHTS
- Things are a bit topsy-turvy in the French league this year. Glance at the table and you won't see names who occupied those top spots in recent years. Carlos Bocanegra's St. Etienne is in fifth place after a 3-1 win this past weekend.
- The European leagues take an international break now, with qualifiers for Euro 2010 commencing next weekend.