MNT Jan 25, 2010
- Tim Howard and Landon Donovan both started for Everton this weekend. Tim went the distance while Landon was subbed out in the 76th minute, but the Toffees were knocked out of the FA Cup by a 2-1 loss to Birmingham. Everton plays Sunderland next on Wednesday.
- Brad Guzan played 90 minutes in helping Aston Villa get through to the fifth round of the FA Cup, earning a 3-2 victory against Brighton on Saturday. Villa meets Arsenal this Wednesday in a return to league play.
- Jay DeMerit played 90 minutes for Watford against Blackpool Saturday in a 3-2 loss. Swansea City is up next for Watford on Saturday. HIGHLIGHTS
- Michael Bradley helped Borussia Möenchengladbach post a shutout against Hertha Berlin, earning the point in the 0-0 draw. M'gladbach next plays on Saturday against Werder Bremen.
- Steve Cherundolo also played the full match for Hannover 96, but his side lost 1-0 to Mainz. Nurnberg is next on Saturday for Cherundolo and Co.
- Defender Carlos Bocanegra had his own cup match in France, playing all 90 minutes in a 4-0 win for Stade Rennes against Saumur, enabling the Ligue 1 club to advance into the Round of 16 of the Coupe de France. Rennes will be back in Ligue 1 action on Saturday against Grenoble. HIGHLIGHTS
- Eddie Johnson saw 22 minutes for Aris Salonika against Panathinaikos, drawing the league leaders 0-0. They'll play next Sunday against FC Xanthi.
- Jose Torres started and played 70 minutes for Pachucha, though lost 1-0 to Queretaro. They'll take the field again Saturday against Atlante. HIGHLIGHTS
- Edgar Castillo also played 90 minutes for his Mexican club team Tigres, but they fell 3-1 to Guadalajara. Tigres' next game is also Saturday, against Chiapas. HIGHLIGHTS