MNT Aug 15, 2009
Lots of games going on around the world today. The Premier League is starting, meaning a bunch of Men's National Team players will be making their season debuts in England. Here's what's going on so far today.
- Benny Feilhaber came on as a late sub in Aarhus' 1-0 away win against FC Copenhagen. The win keeps Aarhus at the top of the Danish SAS Ligaen table. They've won four and drawn one in an undefeated start to the season.
- Jonathan Spector entered the game as a second half sub in West Ham's opening day win against newly-promoted Wolves. The Hammers grabbed a 2-0 victory on the road to start the Premier League season.
- Also in England, Fulham made a winning start to their campaign with a 1-0 victory against Portsmouth. Clint Dempsey assisted on Bobby Zamora's 13th minute goal and played the full 90 minutes in the victory.
- Jay DeMerit and Watford lost 2-0 to Sheffield United.
- Kenny Cooper played 72 minutes in 1860 Munich's 2-1 loss to Hansa Rostock.
- Tim Howard and Everton didn't fare well in their opening day game against Arsenal. Ouch.
- Charlie Davies scored twice for Sochaux, but champions Bordeaux won the game, 3-2.