YNT Feb 14, 2011
Ready for tomorrow’s game against Cuba? We’ve got a quick primer ahead of the U-17 MNT’s opening match of the CONCACAF U-17 Championship.
Here are few more quick notes:
- 18 of the 20 rostered players will dress for each game
- There are 13 players who hail from Development Academy clubs, spanning all four conferences and six of the 10 divisions.
- Seven players that have been in U.S. Soccer’s Residency Program in Bradenton, Fla., since the start of this two-year cycle. Alejandro Guido, Andrew Oliver, Marc Pelosi, Fernando Piña, Mario Rodriguez, Nathan Smith and Andrew Souders are all currently in their fourth semester.
- Pelosi leads the current group in goals and caps, having scored six times in 20 international appearances at the U-17 level.
- The U.S. will be in all-white uniforms and Cuba will wear all blue
- Cuba’s leading scorer, Dairon Perez, netted three of his team’s four goals in preliminary qualifying