USA: 1-Tim Howard; 6-Steve Cherundolo, 21-Clarence Goodson, 3-Carlos Bocanegra (capt.), 16-Jose Torres; 7-Maurice Edu, 4-Michael Bradley, 13-Jermaine Jones; 10-Landon Donovan, 8-Clint Dempsey, 9-Herculez Gomez
Kickoff time at Raymond James Stadium has been pushed back to 7:27 pm ET due to a lightning delay.Pre-Game Notes
- The U.S. Men have never faced Antigua & Barbuda.
- The third round of 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifying for CONCACAF consists of the top six seeds (USA, Mexico, Honduras, Jamaica, Costa Rica, Cuba) joined by six previous group winners from the second round (Panama, Canada, El Salvador, Antigua & Barbuda, Guyana, Guatemala). The top two teams from each group advance to the fourth round, with that stage to be played from February through October 2013. The top three teams from that group qualify for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, while the fourth-place team would then play a two-game playoff against an Oceania region team to determine the other World Cup-bound team.
- The U.S. increased its unbeaten streak against Canada to 15 games with a scoreless draw on Sunday, June 3, at BMO Field in Toronto. The USA is 8-0-7 during a stretch that dates back to April 4, 1985.
- The following are the top five leaders among the current U.S. Men’s National Team roster in career FIFA World Cup qualifying matches: Landon Donovan (35); 2. Carlos Bocanegra (26); 3. Steve Cherundolo (21), 4. (tie) Clint Dempsey and Oguchi Onyewu (20)
- Carlos Bocanegra puts the USA on the board with a goal off a corner kick in the 8th minute. That's his 4th career goal in a World Cup qualifying game.
- That was Bocanegra's 13th career goal for the USA. That ties him with Marcelo Balboa for highest-scoring U.S. defender in history.
- After a foul on Landon Donovan in the box, the USA is awarded with a penalty kick. Dempsey takes it and scores. USA - 2 ATG - 0
- That is Dempsey's 6th career World Cup qualifying goal.
- At the half the U.S. MNT leads Antigua and Barbuda 2-0
- Jose Torres was taken from the field on a stretcher. He was replaced by Oguchi Onyewu in the 57th minute.
- Just three minutes after entering the match, Antigua & Barbuda's Peter Byers scores in the 65th minute to make the score 2-1
- In his first World Cup qualifying appearance Herculez Gomez scores for the USA in the 72nd minute. USA now leads 3-1
- That is the 3rd career goal for Gomez with the MNT
- Jozy Altidore is subbed in for Herculez Gomez and Terrence Boyd enters for Jermaine Jones. The USA has now used all three of its subs for the game.
- The game is over here in Tampa. USA gets its first three points in World Cup qualifying with a 3-1 win over Antigua and Barbuda!