MNT Mar 7, 2010
- After netting his 12th international goal against Holland on Wednesday, Carlos Bocanegra made it two goals in a week by turning home the winning goal in Rennes' victory against Monaco. The win helped Rennes remain in ninth place in Ligue 1.
- In England on Saturday, Jonathan Spector played 90 minutes in West Ham's 2-1 loss to Bolton, Marcus Hahnemann was in goal for Wolves' 1-0 loss to champions Manchester United, Frank Simek came on as a second half sub in Sheffield Wednesday's win against Leicester, and Jay DeMerit played 90 minutes in Watford's 2-0 loss to Derby County.
- José Torres played 90 minutes during Pachuca's 3-0 loss to Monterrey.
- DaMarcus Beasley started Rangers' 3-1 win against St. Mirren.
- In Germany, Steve Cherundolo returned from injury in Hannover's 2-1 win against Freiburg while Michael Bradley and Borussia Mönchengladbach fell 3-0 to Borussia Dortmund.
- Landon Donovan scored a goal and had an assist in Everton's 5-1 demolition of Hull City at Goodison Park. Donovan entered the game as a second half sub and scored a nice goal on a half-volley from a sharp angle before setting up Jack Rodwell for his team's fifth goal. Jozy Altidore was a second half sub for Hull City, who remain in the relegation zone.