MNT Jun 22, 2011
The U.S. lineup tonight against Panama. Kickoff at 7 p.m. ET live on FOX Soccer, Univision, CONCACAF.com and Univision.com.
USA: 1-Tim Howard; 6-Steve Cherundolo, 21-Clarence Goodson, 3-Carlos Bocanegra (capt.), 14-Eric Lichaj; 4-Michael Bradley, 13-Jermaine Jones; 22-Alejandro Bedoya, 16-Sacha Kljestan, 8-Clint Dempsey; 9-Juan Agudelo
Subs: 7-Maurice Edu, 10-Landon Donovan, 11-Chris Wondolowski, 12-Jonathan Bornstein, 15-Tim Ream, 20-Freddy Adu, 23-Marcus Hahnemann
- The U.S. will wear red jerseys for the second consecutive game.
- Ten of the 11 starters remain the same from the Jamaica quarterfinal. Agudelo replaces the injured Altidore.
- Today it was announced that Altidore will miss four to six weeks with a hamstring strain suffered against Jamaica in the ninth minute.
- Eight of the starters are the same from the first meeting with Panama during the group stage of the Gold Cup. Lichaj, Bedoya and Kljestan did not start, although Bedoya and Kljestan appeared off the bench.
- Howard, Cherundolo, Goodson, Bocanegra, Dempsey, Bradley and Jones have started all five Gold Cup games.
- Bradley, Dempsey and Jones have started eight straight matches dating to USA-Argentina on March 26. Altidore has his seven-game streak snapped.
- Agudelo makes his first start since the Panama game after beginning the last two games on the bench.
- Jones received a yellow card against Jamaica. If he receives a card tonight, he would miss the final should the U.S. win.