MNT Nov 18, 2009
- The 1-0 defeat against Slovakia marked only the third time in 23 matches this year that the U.S. has been held scoreless.
- NRGi Park is the club home for midfielder Benny Feilhaber, who plies his trade for AFG Aarhus. Feilhaber has been a regular in the first XI, starting 13 of 15 matches since the end of July.
- With his appearance against Slovakia, midfielder Dax McCarty became the 11th player to earn his first cap in 2009. Overall, Bradley has given 40 players their debut appearance since taking charge in 2007.
- Spector earned ussoccer.com Man of the Match honors against Slovakia in his first-ever start in central defense for the full team.
- In the 23 matches played so far this year, the U.S. has given 53 different players at least one appearance. Additionally, Bradley deployed the same starting XI only twice – in the semifinal and final of the 2009 CONCACAF Gold Cup.
- Wednesday's match is the 24th international for the U.S. in 2009, which represents the third-most games ever in a single year. The record of 34 games played was set in 1993, when the U.S. men were in residency in California preparing for the 1994 FIFA World Cup. The team played 21 games in official competition, which is the most ever in a calendar year (the previous record was 16 in 2005). The U.S. holds a record of 13-7-3, scoring 42 goals, surrendering 33, and earning eight shutouts with three different goalkeepers. There have been four games against teams in the top 10 in the world (Spain, Brazil twice, and Italy), the first erasure of a two-goal deficit to earn at least a point in 13 years (against El Salvador in March), two come-from-behind wins at home (against Honduras and El Salvador), and consecutive appearances in international tournament finals (FIFA Confederations Cup and CONCACAF Gold Cup).