A stern reminder about an upcoming U.S. Soccer-related event, whether you plan to check it out live and in person, on the â€œtellyâ€ or that wacky world wide web.
DEADLINES, DEADLINES, DEADLINES!!! If you want to make your voice heard above the din, donâ€™t forget to get your votes in for the 2002 â€œBest of U.S. Soccerâ€ awards or the prestigious Chevy Athlete of the Year awards. No, you canâ€™t stuff the ballot box, but you can come back to ussoccer.com each day (every 24 hours, to be precise) to keep pushing your pick.
Whether youâ€™re a member of the Midnight Riders who is convinced that Boston has the Best Soccer Fans, or youâ€™re a Metros die-hard who swears that Clint Mathisâ€™s rocket versus Korea was the Best U.S. Goal, or youâ€™re Cindy Parlowâ€™s boyfriend and you want the chance to car-sit the Chevy TrailBlazer that she could win as Chevy Female Athlete of the Year, the only way to make a difference is to get on the site and start clickinâ€™ away. Vote today. Vote tomorrow. Vote every day if you feel like it.
The deadline for voting for the 10 inaugural â€œBest ofâ€¦â€ awards is less than two weeks away â€“ Tuesday, Dec. 31 â€“ so get to steppinâ€™. You have an extra week for the Chevy A.O.T.Y. wards, with the online polls closing on Monday, Jan. 6.
Table of Contents
1) Armchair Midfielder (And the Winner Isâ€¦)
2) In Threes (w/ WNT forward Shannon MacMillan)
3) All I Want for Christmas Isâ€¦ (w/ NT Staff, Players)
4) Queries and Anecdotes (w/ MNT midfielder Chris Armas)
5) Mark That Calendar (2002 Voting Deadlines)
6) Superstar!!! (w/ U-23 MNT forward Alecko Eskandarian)
7) FAN Point/Counterpoint (Best Soccer Moment of 2002)
8) "You Donâ€™t Know Jack (Marshall)" (Chevy AOTY trivia)
***HOWâ€™S OUR WRITING?***
We want feedback. No, really. Positive, negative, indifferent--we take all kinds. Reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.