So Long Seattle, Hello Salt Lake
Five things we take away from Seattle and bring to Salt Lake City
- Jozy Altidore has scored in consecutive World Cup Qualifiers, and is the second player to do it in this cycle. Clint Dempsey has done it twice: vs. Antigua & Barbuda and Guatemala in the Semifinal Round, and Honduras and Costa Rica in the Hexagonal.
- Eddie Johnson now has 11 career goals in WCQ, sitting one behind leaders Dempsey and Landon Donovan on the all-time list.
- After being shown a yellow card in second-half stoppage time, DaMarcus Beasley will serve a one-match suspension and has departed camp.
- The USA-Panama match drew the second-highest rating for a World Cup Qualifier in ESPN history.
- The U.S. is 2-0-0 in the state of Utah, with both matches coming in World Cup Qualifying. Clint Dempsey and Jozy Altidore paced the United States to a come-from-behind 2-1 victory against El Salvador on Sept. 5, 2009, at Rio Tinto Stadium. The previous visit came during the 2006 cycle, when the USA earned a comprehensive 3-0 win against Costa Rica on June 4, 2005, at Rice-Eccles Stadium.