Fans Attending USA-Argentina Game Are Asked to Carpool or Take NJ Transit Due to Reduced Parking
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (June 6, 2008) – Soccer fans attending this Sunday’s USA vs. Argentina match, presented by Visa, are asked to car pool or take NJ Transit, as the number of parking spots at the Meadowlands Sports Complex has been reduced due to the construction of the new stadium, Meadowlands Xanadu, the rail line and Giants training facility.
More than 70,000 tickets have already been sold for the event, and the anticipated attendance number will continue to rise.
All fans are also encouraged to arrive early to avoid late traffic issues. Parking lots open at 2:30 p.m. Ticket sales windows will open at Gate A, C and D at 5 p.m. Gates will open at 6 p.m. Kickoff for the game is at 7:30 p.m.
PARKING - PLEASE CAR POOL IF AT ALL POSSIBLE
Parking lots will open at 2:30 PM. Parking fee is $20 for cars.
Should the Meadowlands Sports Complex parking lots reach full capacity, vehicles will be diverted to an off-site parking location in Lyndhurst, N.J. (approximately 2 miles from the stadium) and shuttle buses will be provided to transport patrons to and from the Meadowlands Sports Complex. Parking fee is $20 for cars.
Tailgating will be permitted provided fans tailgate behind their vehicle in accordance with the “one car, one space” policy. Additional parking spaces are not to be utilized for tailgating under any circumstances. There is no tailgating in Deck 23.
PATRON DROP-OFF AREA (INCLUDING TAXIS AND LIMOUSINES)
Stadium side of the pedestrian bridge near parking lot 10
Park in lot 14 (near gate D). $30 parking fee
NJ Transit will provide transportation to Giants Stadium from New York’s Port Authority Bus Terminal (PABT) (8th Avenue and 41st Street). Return service to Port Authority will be provided following the game near Gate D at the stadium.
• No. 351 Special-Event Express bus will begin operating at 3 PM continuing as necessary up to 30 minutes after event start time.
• Buses will depart the PABT from Gate 207.
• $10 round-trip ticket. Please buy your ticket in advance to speed loading of buses.
• Terminal ticket vending machines: Customers should select Line 351 to purchase No. 351 bus tickets from the machines.
• $5 one way from NYC. Tickets cannot be purchased on the bus in NYC.
• $6 one-way from NJ. Please have exact change if paying when boarding in NJ.
For more NJ Transit information, call NJ TRANSIT at 800-772-2222 (NJ) or 212-564-8484 or visit: http://www.njtransit.com/var/var_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=MEADTo