A stern reminder about an upcoming U.S. Soccer-related event, whether you plan to check it out live and in person, on the tele, or on the web.
December 1, 2001. The 2002 FIFA World Cup Final Draw. Here it is. Can you believe it? The World Cup will be just six months away.
Save for Oct. 7 when the U.S. Men's National Team stuck it to Jamaica at Foxboro and got some help from CONCACAF foes to earn a trip to a record fourth consecutive World Cup, it's the most important date for U.S. Soccer in this calendar year. It's definitely the most anticipated, non-game single event of 2001 for fans and federations around the world. Without a doubt.
Who's in our group? Who do we play first? Do we start off in Korea or Japan? Who do play if we make it out of the group? Who are the unlucky chaps mired in the "Group of Death"? All those questions and more are answered in a matter of about an hour and are dependent on a few innocent ping pong balls.
It's FIFA's big day carried out on the world stage with stars of past, present and future participating and millions of fans on the edge of their seat to see who will stand in the way of glory in Korea and Japan.
Table of Contents
1) Armchair Midfielder (USA's World Cup Qualifying)
2) Word Association (w/ WNT midfielder Shannon MacMillan)
3) Cobi's Book Club (w/ MNT midfielder Cobi Jones)
4) Queries and Anecdotes (w/ U-23 MNT goalkeeper D.J. Countess)
5) DJ for a Day (w/ WNT midfielder Lorrie Fair)
6) Superstar!!! (w/ MNT midfielder John O'Brien)
7) Mark That Calendar (2002 World Cup final draw -- Dec. 1)
8) Point-Counterpoint (w/ commentators Andres Cantor and Jack Edwards)
9) From the Bleachers (w/ U.S. Soccer fans Keiran Downie & Jeniffer Huie)
10) "You Don't Know Jack (Marshall)" (U.S. WCQ history)
***HOW'S OUR WRITING?***
We want feedback. No, really. Positive, negative, indifferent--we take all kinds. Reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.