Week 12 Recap
Week 12 of the USSF D-2 Pro League kicked off with the NSC Minnesota Stars earning three points on the road to Crystal Palace Baltimore with a 3-1 victory in the first of five Saturday matches. The Puerto Rico Islanders were on the wrong end of a 3-0 decision as they fell to the Rochester Rhinos at Marina Auto Stadium, while the Montreal Impact came back from a 2-0 defecit to grab a point on the road in a 2-2 draw with the Carolina RailHawks in Cary, N.C. The Austin Aztex continued to keep the pace at the top of the table with another road victory, this time at Miami by a 2-1 scoreline. The final Saturday match ended in a 0-0 stalemate as AC St. Louis and Vancouver Whitecaps FC shared the points in St. Louis. The lone Sunday match saw the Portland Timbers take a 1-0 home victory against the Tampa Bay Rowdies at PGE Park in Portland.
Week 12 Results
|June 26||Crystal Palace Baltimore 1, NSC Minnesota Stars 3||Paul Angelo Russo Stadium; Towson, Md.|
|June 26||Rochester Rhinos 3, Puerto Rico Islanders 0||Marina Auto Stadium; Rochester, N.Y.|
|June 26||Carolina RailHawks 2, Montreal Impact 2||WakeMed Soccer Park; Cary, N.C.|
|June 26||Miami FC 1, Austin Aztex 2||Lockhart Stadium; Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.|
|June 26||AC St. Louis 0, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 0||Anheuser-Busch Soccer Park; St. Louis, Mo.|
|June 27||Portland Timbers 1, Tampa Bay Rowdies 0||PGE Park; Portland, Ore.|
Week 12 Quick Hits
- The Austin Aztex are now unbeaten in six away matches with five wins and just one draw.
- With Carolina, Montreal and Vancouver all drawing this week, the race at the top of the NASL Conference remains tight.
- Minnesota has won two straight away matches after going winless away from home since their second game of the season on April 16.
Week 13 Preview
Vancouver Whitecaps FC will contest their first of two big matches this week when they close out the month of June against Montreal at Stade Saputo on Wednesday, June 30 at 7:30 p.m. ET. Those two teams will be right back in action on July 3 when Montreal travels to Rochester to take on the Rochester Rhinos at 7 p.m. ET. Vancouver continues its Week 12 road trip at Portland when they take on the Timbers at 10 p.m. ET in the second edition of the Pacific Northwest derby. Also on July 3, Carolina travels to St. Louis for a match scheduled to kick off at 8:10 p.m. ET at Anheuser-Busch Soccer Park and the Puerto Rico Islanders head to Texas to visit the Austin Aztex at 8:30 p.m. ET at House Park in Austin. There will be two games on the fourth of July; the first taking place in Tampa, Fla., with the Tampa Bay Rowdies playing host to Miami FC at 7 p.m. ET. The final game of Week 13 will be the NSC Minnesota Stars at home to Crystal Palace Baltimore at 8:30 p.m. ET in Blaine, Minn.
Week 13 Schedule
|June 30||Montreal Impact vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC||7:30 p.m.||Stade Saputo; Montreal, Quebec|
|July 3||Rochester Rhinos vs. Montreal Impact||7 p.m.||Marina Auto Stadium; Rochester, N.Y.|
|July 3||Portland Timbers vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC||10 p.m.||PGE Park; Portland, Ore.|
|July 3||AC St. Louis vs. Carolina RailHawks||8:10 p.m.||Anheuser-Busch Soccer Park; St. Louis, Mo.|
|July 3||Austin Aztex vs. Puerto Rico Islanders||8:30 p.m.||House Park; Austin, Texas|
|July 4||Tampa Bay Rowdies vs. Miami FC||7 p.m.||George M. Steinbrenner Field; Tampa, Fla.|
|July 4||NSC Minnesota Stars vs. Crystal Palace Baltimore||8:30 p.m.||National Sports Center; Blaine, Minn.|
Week 13 Notes
- In the past results of their derby matches, Vancouver posted a 0-0 draw with Montreal at home on May 15 and a 2-1 road loss to Portland on April 29.
- The Tampa Bay Rowdies and Miami FC will play the return leg of the Florida derby in Tampa after playing to a 1-1 draw in Miami on May 1.
- Austin has the opportunity to be the first team to reach double digits in the win column when they face Puerto Rico on July 3 after getting their ninth win of the season in Week 12.
- Full Schedule and League Standings
- Individual Player Stats Leaders
- Goalkeeping Stats Leaders
- Team Stats