College Soccer Trivia
Think you know your U.S. Soccer trivia? Well... try us. We'll see how far back your knowledge of Team USA and U.S. Soccer extends. And who the heck is Jack Marshall? Even the trivia buffs in the U.S. Soccer Communications Department would be hard pressed to tell you that one Jack Marshall received his one and only cap way back in 1926. Okay, that was pretty much impossible. They get easier. We give you four questions each month, 1 to 4, easy to hard.
With the NCAA soccer champions being crowned in December, this month's trivia has to do with college soccer.
Answer #1 correctly, and you've momentarily proven to us that you do, in fact, know something about college soccer.
Answer #2 correctly, and you are clearly a trivia stud with a thing for numbers.
Answer #3 correctly, and you may be the Sports Information Director at UVA.
If you answered #4 correctly, you must be an employee of the National Soccer Hall of Fame.
Q1 (Difficulty level 1 of 4): Who is the defending NCAA Division I Men's champion?
Q2 (2 of 4): With North Carolina winning the 2000 NCAA Division I Women's title, how many championships have the Tar Heels won since 1981 (with former U.S. WNT head coach Anson Dorrance)?
Q3 (3 of 4): How many consecutive NCAA titles did current U.S. MNT head coach Bruce Arena win while at the helm at the University of Virginia?
Q4 (4 of 4): Only four Div. I women's soccer programs have won NCAA championships in the 20 years since the title existed. Name them.
scroll down to see answers...
A1: The Connecticut Huskies.
A2: 17 ('81, '82, '83, '84, '86, '87, '88, ‘89, '90, '91, '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, 2000).
A3: Four (1991-94).
A4: North Carolina (17; see above), George Mason (1; in 1985), Notre Dame (1; in 1995), Florida (1; in 1998).
Table of Contents
1) Armchair Midfielder (Dissecting the 2002 World Cup Final Draw)
2) All I Want for Christmas... (w/ U.S. National Teams staff and players)
3) At the Movies (w/ U-21 WNT midfielder Aly Wagner)
4) Queries and Anecdotes (w/ MNT midfielder Chris Armas)
5) Making it to the Show (w/ U-17 MNT forward Ed Johnson)
6) Superstar!!! (w/ WNT forward Cindy Parlow)
7) Mark That Calendar (MNT vs. South Korea -- Dec. 9)
8) Point-Counterpoint (w/ coaches Bruce Arena and Bob Gansler)
9) From the Bleachers (w/ U.S. Soccer fan Dave Brett Wasser)
10) "You Don't Know Jack (Marshall)" (College Soccer Trivia)
***HOW'S OUR WRITING?***
We want feedback. No, really. Positive, negative, indifferent--we take all kinds. Reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.