President's Awards Presented at the 85th Annual General Meeting in Atlanta
CHICAGO (Wednesday, July 25, 2001) - At U.S. Soccer's recently concluded 85th Annual General Meeting in Atlanta, U.S. Soccer President Dr. S. Robert Contiguglia again honored a number of individuals within the U.S. Soccer family for their dedication to the sport of soccer. The annual President's Awards are always a highlight during the days of meetings, with the spotlight turned on a number individuals whose hard work and expertise in their field contributes to the overall well-being of our sport and its membership.
Below are the recipients of the 2001 President's Awards bestowed on July 20 in Atlanta.
- David Askinas (Tampa, Fla.) - Associate Commissioner/General Counsel for United Soccer Leagues; for serving on so many different committees and never saying "no"
- Marypat Bell (Tulsa, Okla.) - Currently an Amateur Commissioner on the USSF Board of Directors and chair of the Rules Committee; for her long standing participation on USSF committees
- Bob Bounpane (Meyerstown, Pa.) - Current Chair of the Olympic Development Committee/Boys; for his long participation in the boys ODP program
- Kay Catlett (Richfield, Ohio) - Current Chair of the Olympic Development Committee/Girls; for her long participation in the girls ODP program
- Dave Eldridge (China Spring, Tex.) - Current Chair of the Budget Committee, for his long standing participation on USSF committees
- John Ellinger (Ellicott City, Md.) - Current Head Coach of the U.S. Under-17 Men's National Team; for his contributions to coaching (will be presented at a later date)
- Jim Finger (Duncanville, Tex.) - Past Director of Administration for the USSF Referee Committee; for his contributions to the referee committee and the USSF referee program (will be presented at a later date)
- Jim Hamilton (Vancouver, Wash.) - Current President of the U.S. Soccer Foundation; for all his work with the U.S. Soccer Foundation
- Darl Rose (Las Vegas, Nev.) - Youth Commissioner on the USSF Board of Directors and currently the longest serving member of the Board of Directors
- Lynn Berling-Manuel - Longtime President & Publisher of Soccer America, celebrating their 30-year anniversary in 2001; special award recognition for her work with Soccer America