News Apr 14, 2014
U-19 FIFA Women's World Championships
Aug 14, 2006
1. What Women’s National Team regular scored the winning goal for the U.S. in the final of the 2002 FIFA U-19 Women’s World Championship?
2. A star from the University of Portland, she won the Silver Ball as the second Most Valuable Player and the Bronze Boot as the third leading scorer in the 2004 FIFA U-19 World Championship?
3. How many goals did the U.S. allow in six games during the 2002 World Championship?
4. All of these players, except for one played in both the 2002 and 2004 World Championship. Who did not?
a. Ashlyn Harris
b. Rachel Buehler
c. Kerri Hanks
d. Heather O’Reilly
5. When the U.S. lost to Germany, 3-1, in the semifinals of the 2004 World Championship, who was the U.S. player that scored the lone goal?
Hall of Fame Bonus Question: The U.S. Under-19 WNT lost only one international game during their two-year run to becoming world champions in 2002, compiling a 21-1-1 record. What was the one team they lost to?
1. Lindsay Tarpley
2. Angie Woznuk
3. a. 2
4. d. Heather O’Reilly
5. No one. The goal was an own goal.
Hall of Fame Bonus Question: Germany’s Under-21 WNT. The U.S. got two goals from Heather O’Reilly and one from Angie Woznuk, but they fell 4-3 to the older squad during a trip to Germany.