Five Facts for USA-Panama
Did you know?
- Brad Davis, Brad Evans, and Stuart Holden all earned their first cap for the National Team here in Seattle, and all in the CONCACAF Gold Cup. Davis made his debut July 7, 2005, in the opening group game of the Gold Cup. He went on to score the game-winning penalty in the championship match against Panama.
- Evans and Holden both got their first appearance on Independence Day in 2009 against Grenada. Holden became the 45th player in MNT history to score a goal in his first game, while Evans entered in the second half and replaced Steve Cherundolo at right back.
- In the 6-0 win in on Oct. 13, 2004, at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C., Eddie Johnson became the first U.S. player in history to record a hat trick as a substitute
- Four players on the roster have scored against Panama. In addition to Johnson’s three, Clint Dempsey, Clarence Goodson and Graham Zusi all have been on the scoresheet. Goodson scored in the 2-1 loss in group play in the 2011 Gold Cup, then Dempsey knocked in the game-winner in the semifinal.
- With seven goals in this World Cup Qualifying cycle, Clint Dempsey is now tied with Landon Donovan for the all-time lead in U.S. history with 12 overall. He is the only player to appear in all eight matches of this cycle.