Regional State Assessor Course Schedule
In conjunction with the updates to the State Assessor Course, U.S. Soccer will offer four Regional State Assessor courses in 2008. Two coach/mentor instructors will be assigned by the Federation to teach each of the courses, and U.S. Soccer will cover the cost of the meeting rooms for the four regional locations. Dates and locations for the Regional State Assessor Courses are listed on the Schedule of Clinics & Courses.
Region I - May 2-4, 2008
Four Points Sheraton BWI Airport
7032 Elm Road
Baltimore, MD 21240
Deadline for registration: April 4, 2008
Region II - May 9-11, 2008
Crowne Plaza Hotel St. Louis Airport
11228 Lone Eagle Drive
Bridgeton, MO 63044
Deadline for Registration: April 18, 2008
Region III - May 16-18, 2008
Doubletree Hotel Tampa Westshore Airport
4500 W. Cypress Street
Tampa, Florida 33607
Deadline for Registration: April 25, 2008
Region IV - June 20-22, 2008
Courtyard Marriott Denver Airport
6901 Tower Road
Denver, CO 80249
Deadline for Registration: May 23, 2008
These courses will also be posted on the web. State Assessor candidates are expected to schedule arrival at the course hotel before 5 PM on Friday and departure after 2 PM on Sunday.
Individuals wishing to attend the state assessor course must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum age of 27
- Registered as a Grade 6 (State Level) Referee, at minimum, at some time in their referee career
- Registered and worked as a referee assessor for a minimum of one year and met the number of game assessments required for upgrade, which is 20 affiliated youth games
- Has been a National or International Referee or International Assistant Referee at sometime in their officiating career, including being currently active at that level
The State Director of Assessment (SDA) should send an email request to have a state assessor candidate registered for a regional course to Julie Ilacqua email@example.com.
The email should contain the following information:
- Assessor candidate’s name, state association affiliation and email address
- The location and date of the course the candidate wishes to attend
- Current referee grade – if not a current state level referee or state emeritus, when was this candidate registered as a state level referee Number of assessments on youth games completed by this state assessor candidate
All expenses accrued for attending this course are the responsibility of the individual candidate or the State Referee Committee making the recommendation for attendance.
Each course will be limited to 14 attendees on a first come first serve basis and only those candidates applying before the cut-off date for each course will be accepted. Should there be a lack of interested in any of the regional courses, U.S. Soccer reserves the right to cancel and recommend an alternative course for those already registered.
Those accepted to attend the course will be notified three to four weeks prior to the course date. The accepted candidate is asked to make a hotel reservation from the U.S. Soccer block at the respective hotel for the course they are attending. They will also be sent read ahead course material.
It should be noted that SDA’s may still request to host State Assessor Courses within their states. For these courses, U.S. Soccer will send 2 coach/mentors to teach the course and cover all expenses related to the instructors. Securing a facility and having the proper AV equipment on hand to teach the course will be the responsibility of the hosting State Referee Committee. The request to host a state assessor course should be sent to David McKee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once approved, it will be posted on the US Soccer web site on the clinic schedule.
Should you have any questions regarding this announcement or the Regional State Assessor courses, please contact David McKee at email@example.com or Julie Ilacqua at firstname.lastname@example.org.